Enjoy our unique, industry-best features*, updated regularly:
- Comparing Streaming Service Pricing
- Comparing Streaming Service Library Size
- Comparing Streaming Service Value
- Comparing Streaming Service Global Subscriber Count
- Comparing Streaming Service Domestic Subscriber Count
- Comparing Streaming Service Global ARPU
- Comparing Streaming Service Domestic ARPU
- Comparing Streaming Service Official YouTube Subscriber Count
- Comparing Streaming Service Feature Availability
*Just let me have this.
The Temperature of Streaming Power Rankings
We judge and rate based on multiple things including: hype for upcoming titles, recent successes, feature and UI progress, and personal biases as to what makes a “good streaming service.” This will be opinionated, ya dig? For full breakdown, scroll to the bottom. Otherwise, enjoy these charts and stats:
Power Rankings For Quarter 4 2023
🟥 Netflix = #1
- 👍Unbeatable. Unstoppable.
- 👍Keeps growing.
- 👍Password sharing crackdown worked.
- 👍 Fun recent films like Spy Kids Armageddon, Love at First Sight, Love is in the Air, and Ballerina
🦚 Peacock = #2
- 👍 Hallmark Christmas movies out the wazoo.
- 👍 Next day episodes from NBC and Bravo and that’s pretty awesome. SNL every Sunday without ads? Hell yeah.
- 👎 Still no renewal for Twisted Metal
- 👎 Missing features never arrive. Where is “remove from continue watching”? “Like / Dislike?”
- 👎 Weak-ass originals lineup.
🟫 Prime Video = #3
- 👍 Gen V was fantastic! Binge it now!
- 👍 The Boys Season 4 is coming next year!
- 👍 My Spy 2 is coming!
- 👎 Cluttered as hell
🗻 Paramount+= #4
Recommendation: Keep with a 50% off deal using this affiliate link: paramountplus.qflm.net/jWdANZ
Current 50% promo code: BFCM50
- 👍 Later this year, Showtime app will supposedly shut down and Showtime will be fully merged! But we’re 1 month away now so I’m wondering if it has been delayed…
- 👍 Good Burger 2 is going to be fun, right?
- 👍 Next-day episodes of CBS shows is great.
- 👎 iCarly and Rabbit Hole were cancelled.
- 👎 UI and feature upgrades have been abandoned, including never rolling out the thumbs up / down feature they tested.
- 👎 Very slow rollouts of missing catalog including an obsession with providing partial series that rarely fill out.
- 👎Worst cable windowing in the industry with no signs of improvement in 2023 for Nickelodeon, MTV, or VH1 series which take 1-2 years to stream after airing. Irrelevant when they arrive.
🟦 Disney+ = #5
- 👍 Loki is amazing, Goosebumps is too (but is also on Hulu cuz 🤪),What If Season 2 should be good. Dashing Through the Snow looks cute, so does Naughty Nine.
- 👍 Dancing with the Stars is a lot of fun (But is also on Hulu cuz 🤪)
- 👍 ECHO will be the first MCU TV-MA title (But will also be on Hulu cuz 🤪 – at least temporarily for this one)
- 👎 One app experience was delayed from September launch to December. Still no official date. May delay to 2024.
- 👎👎👎The jackasses jacked up the price again despite barely adding anything and refusing to improve the UI or features for a whopping 4 years now.
- 👎👎👎Horrid management – content regularly no-shows or is promoted as if it arrived in the app when it did not, or not promoted as appearing when it does or receives no Coming Soon page…
- 👎👎👎The series and film catalog were ignored the entire #Disney100 year.
🟩 Hulu = #6
- 👍 Futurama renewed for 2 more seasons
- 👍 The Bear renewed
- 👍 Next day episodes for many networks
- 👎 Does not treat DIsney+ with respect – never shares anything really but takes Disney+ stuff constantly (One App Experience is coming (delayed) but will still require two subscriptions and extra cost unlike outside USA with Star tile)
- 👎 The Great cancelled
- 👎👎👎👎 Jackasses jacked the price up to a level beyond Netflix and Max: $18.
🟪 Max = #7
- 👍Added live sports and live news through Bleacher Report and CNN on Max
- 👎Max is a terrible name
- 👎 Purple was the best color for the UI, but they chose a blue like everyone else
- 👎Discovery+ still exists instead of streaming its full catalog on Max like promised initially
- 👎Monthly removals of classic series throughout 2023 as AVOD becomes their priority
How do we arrive at these rankings? We use the data in our spreadsheets (below) and follow the vibes.